A residence on Bartlett Drive in Madisonville was still roped off with caution tape on Thursday following a Wednesday afternoon house fire.

It is believed that a clothes dryer ignited a fire in a Madisonville home on Monday that resulted in about $65,000 in damages and losses, according to the Madisonville Fire Department.

MFD says that the homeowner reports that she was doing laundry on Monday when she had to leave home. By the time she left, she says, the dryer had finished its cycle. Fire fighters believed the fire started around the dryer.

(0) entries

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.