The Historical Society of Hopkins County will hold its regular monthly meeting at the Hopkins County Government Center, 56 North Main Street, Madisonville, at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 13. The program will be given by Gigi Kesterson Smith, who will share and discuss her extensive collection of memorabilia from businesses of Madisonville's past. A reception honoring retiring museum docent Margie Bowman will follow Thursday's program.
• A "Sights & Sounds of the Night" hike will be led by Virginia Hall on Friday, June 21 from 7 to 9 p.m. The hike is suitable for participants ages 5 to 9. Hikers are to meet at the Welcome Center where the hike will follow after a hot dog and marshmallow roast. To register for the hike, call 270-584-9017. A "Sights & Sounds of the Night" hike will be led by Maria Bailey on Friday, June 28, from 7 to 10 p.m. The hike is suitable for participants ages 10 and up. Hikers are to meet at the Welcome Center where the hike will follow after a hot dog and marshmallow roast. To register for the hike, call 270-584-9017.
• The second annual Kayaking for CASA will be from 6 a.m. to noon June 22 at Mahr Park Arboretum. The event supports CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Hopkins, Webster and Crittenden Counties. The cost is $25 and registration is through Eventbrite.com. A grilled lunch will be available for purchase. Call the CASA office at 270-245-5112 for more information.
• Dinner and a Fashion Show will be held at Eastview Missionary Baptist Church on Saturday, June 29 at 5 p.m. Tickets for the event are priced at $10. For more information, call 270-821-1933. As part of the Legacy Learning Series, "Can Biopilia Save Native Species" will be hosted on Sunday from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Mahr Home. At the event, Dr. Margaret Carreiro will talk about the importance of conservation of native species in one's local area. Call 270-584-9017 for more information.
• The Historical Society of Hopkins County is now open on the first Saturday of each month for countians whose work or school don't allow them to visit the museum at regular hours during the week. The hours will be 11 a.m.-3 p.m. The museum will close on the Friday before each open Saturday. Regular hours are 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Story Hour with Pam is held 10 a.m. every Friday at First Baptist Church, 246 N. Main St., Madisonville. It is held in the library at the Noel Street entrance and is open to all preschool children. For more information, call the church at 270-821-3611.
• A cancer support group will meet at 3 p.m. on the first Wednesday of every month at First Christian Church, 1030 College Drive in Madisonville. Meetings are open to all patients, survivors and caregivers. For more information, call 270-821-5335.