Hall Street Fire

A clothes dryer is one of many items outside a home at 232 Hall St. after a Tuesday night fire. Firefighters believe the dryer may have been the cause of the blaze.

A late-night fire at a home southeast of downtown Madisonville may have been caused by an overheated clothes dryer, according to reports.

No one was injured in the fire, which developed around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday at 232 Hall St. A report released Wednesday said crews needed 30 minutes to bring the blaze under control.

The reports indicated a child first noticed the fire in the back of the home and notified adults. Everyone inside got out safely before first responders arrived. A woman told firefighters that she had been drying clothes before the fire broke out.

The fire department report said the family displaced by the fire is receiving aid from the American Red Cross. There was no word Wednesday night on whether the family had any specific needs.

Damage to the home is estimated at $34,000.

Tags

(0) entries

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.