With Election Day just over a month away, a number of important election related deadlines of which voters should be aware are quickly approaching, beginning this Saturday when the online mail-in request portal officially opens.
The online portal will remain open for 45 days, officially closing on Oct. 25. During this period, voters who qualify for main-in absentee voting can go online to request their ballot or visit the county clerk’s office to request assistance.
• Oct. 11 — Last day to register to vote
• Oct. 25 — First day voter or legal representative may request absentee ballot due to medical emergency
• Oct. 28 — Excused, in-person absentee voting begins at county clerk’s office
• Oct. 28 — Last day to file to run as a write-in candidate
• Nov 2 — Final day for excused, in-person absentee voting.
• Nov. 3 — In-person no-excuse absentee voting at designated voting center.
• Nov. 4 — In-person no-excuse absentee voting at designated voting center.
• Nov. 5 — Final day for in-person no-excuse absentee voting at designated voting center.
• Nov. 8 — General Election Day from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.