INDEPENDENCE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky woman who was pouring gas into a child's motorcycle while smoking a cigarette set herself on fire and was seriously burned.

The woman was flown from Independence to a hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Monday for treatment, WLWT-TV reported. She was using a gas can to fill the tank inside the garage of the Kentucky home, Independence Police Captain Russ Wood said.

Investigators believe the vapors from the gasoline inside the closed garage sparked the fire. It appears to be an accident, Wood said.

The woman hasn't been identified.

Police warned the public to be cautious when using gasoline.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

(0) entries

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.